What we treat
Acupuncture and moxibustion, frequently combined with Chinese herbal medicine, has been used for thousands of years in Asian countries such as China or Japan.
There is a wide range of symptoms for which acupuncture helps. Please see Evidence for the Efficacy of Acupuncture.
Please contact Chiemi if you have any concerns that you would like help with.
Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Warm needle therapy and Chinese herbal medicine are used specially for:
- Women's stress related symptoms including anxiety and insomnia
- Period pain
- Fertility issues and pre-conception care
- IVF Support
- Pregnancy Support including nausea and vomiting (morning sickness), pain (lower back pain, sciatica, pelvic pain) and maintenance of general health during pregnancy
- Menopausal symptoms (Menopausal hot flushes, Perimenopausal and postmenopausal insomnia)
Chiemi has completed an internship with a prominent acupuncturist in Japan who has particular interest in infertility, and has worked at the women's natural therapy clinic for several years. Chiemi is looking forward to seeing you.
Stress is not necessarily a bad things.
However if you are super stressed, it may cause physical and mental symptoms, such as insomnia, anxiety, hypertension, digestive problems and fatigue.
Traditional Chinese Medicine takes holistic approach to blance the body, mind and spirit. Therefore, Acupuncture, Moxibustion and Chinese herbal medicine works quite well to manage the stress related symptoms as an adjunct therapy.
We use a gentle Japanese acupuncture techniques in a relaxed setting. You may sleep during a session.
Pain may arise from accident or injury, cancer, arthritis, or even emotional stress.
It may affect the head, neck, extremities, internal organs, etc, causing different kinds of pain such as headache, neck pain, throat pain, shouder pain, joint pain, abdominal pain and lower back pain.
Fore more datails, please see Musculoskeletal symptoms.
Do you know Japanese acupuncture treatment without needles for children, called "Shonishin" ?
Kids love this treatment and it may help to manage a range of symptoms, such as night crying and pain.
For more details, please see children's health.
Evidence for the Efficacy of Acupuncture
The approach of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is quite different from that of Western medicine.
Nowadays, evidence based researches has been in progress to find the effectiveness of TCM in the Western medical protocols.
In the recent systematic review (2017),
122 conditions were identified, and researchers found that there are 8 conditions that have evidence of significant positive effects,
and 38 conditions that have potential positive effects.
Other potential applications are still being investigated.
The acupuncture Evidence Project: A Comparative Literature Review (2017) (PDF, 1.42MB)
Conditions with strong evidence supporting the effectiveness of acupuncture:
- Allergic rhinitis (perennial & seasonal) 1, 2, 3, 7, 23, 30, 31, 32, 33
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (with anti-emetics) 1, 2, 6, 24
- Chronic low back pain 1, 2, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 92
- Headache (tension-type and chronic) 1, 2, 8, 12, 13, 55
- Knee osteoarthritis 1, 2, 21, 22
- Migraine prophylaxis 1, 2, 9, 10, 11
- Postoperative nausea & vomiting 1, 2, 4, 25
- Postoperative pain 1, 2, 5, 26, 27, 28
Conditions with moderate evidence supporting the effectiveness of acupuncture:
- Acute low back pain 14, 16
- Acute stroke 56, 57
- Ambulatory anaesthesia 76
- Anxiety 34, 35
- Aromatase-inhibitor-induced arthralgia 73, 74
- Asthma in adults 89, 90, 91
- Back or pelvic pain during pregnancy 48, 49, 50
- Cancer pain 41, 42
- Cancer-related fatigue 67, 68, 69, 70, 71
- Constipation 29
- Craniotomy anaesthesia 75
- Depression (associate with chronic pain, when used as an adjunct to antidepressants) 37, 43, 44
- Dry eye 77
- Hypertension (with medication) 80, 81, 82
- Insomnia 45, 46
- Irritable bowel syndrome 78, 89
- Labour pain 47
- Lateral elbow pain 83, 84
- Menopausal hot flushes 63, 64, 65, 66
- Modulating sensory perception thresholds 96
- Neck pain 85, 86, 87
- Obesity 53
- Perimenopausal & postmenopausal insomnia 65, 66
- Plantar heel pain 1, 2
- Post-stroke insomnia 61
- Post-stroke shoulder pain 62
- Post-stroke spasticity 59, 60
- Post-traumatic stress disorder 36
- Prostatitis pain/chronic pelvic pain syndrome 51, 52
- Recovery after colorectal cancer resection 72
- Restless leg syndrome 54
- Schizophrenia (with antipsychotics) 37, 38
- Sciatica 93, 94, 95
- Shoulder impingement syndrome (early stage) (with exercise) 88
- Shoulder pain 88
- Smoking cessation (up to 3 months) 39
- Stroke rehabilitation 58
- Temporomandibular pain 40
- Biotext. Alternative therapies and Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold and White Card arrangements. In: Australian Government Department of Veterans' Affairs, editor: Australian Government Department of Veterans' Affairs; 2010
- Hempel S, Taylor SL, Solloway MR, Miake-Lye IM, Beroes JM, Shanman R, et al. VA Evidence-based Synthesis Program Reports. Evidence Map of Acupuncture. Washington (DC): Department of Veterans Affairs; 2014.
- Taw MB, Reddy WD, Omole FS, Seidman MD. Acupuncture and allergic rhinitis. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Jun;23(3):216-20.
- Lee A, Chan SK, Fan LT. Stimulation of the wrist acupuncture point PC6 for preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015(11):Cd003281.
- Wu MS, Chen KH, Chen IF, Huang SK, Tzeng PC, Yeh ML, et al. The Efficacy of Acupuncture in Post-Operative Pain Management: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. PLOS ONE. 2016;11(3):e0150367.
- McKeon C, Smith, C.A., Hardy, J. & Chang, E. Acupunctrue and acupressure for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting : a systematic review. Australian Journal of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. 2013;8(1):2-17.
- Seidman MD, Gurgel RK, Lin SY, Schwartz SR, Baroody FM, Bonner JR, et al. Clinical practice guideline: Allergic rhinitis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Feb;152(1 Suppl):S1-43.
- National Institute for Health Care and Excellence. Management of migraine (with or without aura): NICE guideline CG150. In: National Institute for Health Care and Excellence, editor. 2012 (updated 2015).
- Da Silva AN. Acupuncture for migraine prevention. Headache. 2015 Mar;55(3):470-3.
- Linde K, Allais G, Brinkhaus B, Fei Y, Mehring M, Vertosick EA, et al. Acupuncture for the prevention of episodic migraine. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016(6):Cd001218.
- Yang Y, Que Q, Ye X, Zheng G. Verum versus sham manual acupuncture for migraine: a systematic review of randomised controlled trials. Acupunct Med. 2016 Apr;34(2):76-83.
- Linde K, Allais G, Brinkhaus B, Fei Y, Mehring M, Shin BC, et al. Acupuncture for the prevention of tension-type headache. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016;4:Cd007587.
- Coeytaux RR, Befus D. Role of Acupuncture in the Treatment or Prevention of Migraine, Tension-Type Headache, or Chronic Headache Disorders. Headache. 2016 Jul;56(7):1238-40.
- Chou R, Deyo R, Friedly J, Skelly A, Hashimoto R, Weimer M, et al. AHRQ Comparative Effectiveness Reviews. Noninvasive Treatments for Low Back Pain. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2016.
- Chou R, Deyo R, Friedly J, Skelly A, Hashimoto R, Weimer M, et al. AHRQ Comparative Effectiveness Reviews. Noninvasive Treatments for Low Back Pain. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2016.
- Lam M, Galvin R, Curry P. Effectiveness of acupuncture for nonspecific chronic low back pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013 Nov 15;38(24):2124-38.
- Lee JH, Choi TY, Lee MS, Lee H, Shin BC, Lee H. Acupuncture for acute low back pain: a systematic review. Clin J Pain. 2013 Feb;29(2):172-85.
- Wellington J. Noninvasive and alternative management of chronic low back pain (efficacy and outcomes). Neuromodulation. 2014 Oct;17 Suppl 2:24-30.
- Liu L, Skinner M, McDonough S, Mabire L, Baxter GD. Acupuncture for low back pain: an overview of systematic reviews. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:328196.
- Andronis L, Kinghorn P, Qiao S, Whitehurst DG, Durrell S, McLeod H. Cost-Effectiveness of Non-Invasive and Non-Pharmacological Interventions for Low Back Pain: a Systematic Literature Review. Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2016 Aug 22.
- Corbett MS, Rice SJ, Madurasinghe V, Slack R, Fayter DA, Harden M, et al. Acupuncture and other physical treatments for the relief of pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee: network meta-analysis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013 Sep;21(9):1290-8.
- Manyanga T, Froese M, Zarychanski R, Abou-Setta A, Friesen C, Tennenhouse M, et al. Pain management with acupuncture in osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:312.
- Feng S, Han M, Fan Y, Yang G, Liao Z, Liao W, et al. Acupuncture for the treatment of allergic rhinitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2015 Jan-Feb;29(1):57-62.
- Garcia MK, McQuade J, Lee R, Haddad R, Spano M, Cohen L. Acupuncture for symptom management in cancer care: an update. Curr Oncol Rep. 2014 Dec;16(12):418.
- Cheong KB, Zhang JP, Huang Y, Zhang ZJ. The effectiveness of acupuncture in prevention and treatment of postoperative nausea and vomiting--a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. 2013;8(12):e82474.
- Cho YH, Kim CK, Heo KH, Lee MS, Ha IH, Son DW, et al. Acupuncture for acute postoperative pain after back surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Pain Pract. 2015 Mar;15(3):279-91.
- Barlow T, Downham C, Barlow D. The effect of complementary therapies on post-operative pain control in ambulatory knee surgery: a systematic review. Complement Ther Med. 2013 Oct;21(5):529-34.
- Chen CC, Yang CC, Hu CC, Shih HN, Chang YH, Hsieh PH. Acupuncture for pain relief after total knee arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2015 Jan-Feb;40(1):31-6.
- Zhang YN, Zhao HJ, Wang Y, Lu Y, Wang SJ. [Effect of Electroacupuncture Intervention on Constipationpredominant Irritable Bow l Syndrome and Colonic CGRP and SP Expression in Rats]. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu. 2016 Feb;41(1):31-4.
- Witt CM, Brinkhaus B. Efficacy, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of acupuncture for allergic rhinitis - An overview about previous and ongoing studies. Auton Neurosci. 2010 Oct 28;157(1-2):42-5.
- Kim SY, Lee H, Chae Y, Park HJ, Lee H. A systematic review of cost-effectiveness analyses alongside randomised controlled trials of acupuncture. Acupunct Med. 2012 Dec;30(4):273-85.
- Reinhold T, Roll S, Willich SN, Ortiz M, Witt CM, Brinkhaus B. Cost-effectiveness for acupuncture in seasonal allergic rhinitis: economic results of the ACUSAR trial. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2013 Jul;111(1):56-63.
- Reinhold T, Brinkhaus B, Willich SN, Witt C. Acupuncture in patients suffering from allergic asthma: is it worth additional costs? J Altern Complement Med. 2014 Mar;20(3):169-77.
- Bazzan AJ, Zabrecky G, Monti DA, Newberg AB. Current evidence regarding the management of mood and anxiety disorders using complementary and alternative medicine. Expert Rev Neurother. 2014 Apr;14(4):411- 23.
- Goyata SL, Avelino CC, Santos SV, Souza Junior DI, Gurgel MD, Terra FS. Effects from acupuncture in treating anxiety: integrative review. Rev Bras Enferm. 2016 Jun;69(3):602-9.
- Engel CC, Cordova EH, Benedek DM, Liu X, Gore KL, Goertz C, et al. Randomized effectiveness trial of a brief course of acupuncture for posttraumatic stress disorder. Med Care. 2014 Dec;52(12 Suppl 5):S57-64.
- Bosch P, van den Noort M, Staudte H, Lim S. Schizophrenia and Depression: A systematic Review of the Effectiveness and the Working Mechanisms Behind Acupuncture. Explore (NY). 2015 Jul-Aug;11(4):281-91.
- Shen X, Xia J, Adams CE. Acupuncture for schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014(10):Cd005475.
- White AR, Rampes H, Liu JP, Stead LF, Campbell J. Acupuncture and related interventions for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014(1):Cd000009.
- Grillo CM, Canales Gde L, Wada RS, Alves MC, Barbosa CM, Berzin F, et al. Could Acupuncture Be Useful in the Treatment of Temporomandibular Dysfunction? J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2015 Aug;8(4):192-9.
- Paley CA, Johnson MI, Tashani OA, Bagnall AM. Acupuncture for cancer pain in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015(10):Cd007753.
- Chiu HY, Hsieh YJ, Tsai PS. Systematic review and meta-analysis of acupuncture to reduce cancer-related pain. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2016 Feb 7.
- Chan YY, Lo WY, Yang SN, Chen YH, Lin JG. The benefit of combined acupuncture and antidepressant medication for depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Affect Disord. 2015 May 1;176:106-17.
- Spackman E, Richmond S, Sculpher M, Bland M, Brealey S, Gabe R, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of acupuncture, counselling and usual care in treating patients with depression: the results of the ACUDep trial. PLOS ONE. 2014;9(11):e113726.
- Zhao K. Acupuncture for the treatment of insomnia. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2013;111:217-34.
- Shergis JL, Ni X, Jackson ML, Zhang AL, Guo X, Li Y, et al. A systematic review of acupuncture for sleep quality in people with insomnia. Complement Ther Med. 2016 Jun;26:11-20.
- Levett KM, Smith CA, Dahlen HG, Bensoussan A. Acupuncture and acupressure for pain management in labour and birth: a critical narrative review of current systematic review evidence. Complement Ther Med. 2014 Jun;22(3):523-40.
- Selva Olid A, Martinez Zapata MJ, Sola I, Stojanovic Z, Uriona Tuma SM, Bonfill Cosp X. Efficacy and Safety of Needle Acupuncture for Treating Gynecologic and Obstetric Disorders: An Overview. Med Acupunct. 2013 Dec 1;25(6):386-97.
- Close C, Sinclair M, Liddle SD, Madden E, McCullough JE, Hughes C. A systematic review investigating the effectiveness of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) for the management of low back and/or pelvic pain (LBPP) in pregnancy. J Adv Nurs. 2014 Aug;70(8):1702-16.
- Liddle SD, Pennick V. Interventions for preventing and treating low-back and pelvic pain during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015(9):Cd001139.
- hang SC, Hsu CH, Hsu CK, Yang SS, Chang SJ. The efficacy of acupuncture in managing patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: A systemic review and meta-analysis. Neurourol Urodyn. 2016 Jan 6.
- Qin Z, Wu J, Zhou J, Liu Z. Systematic Review of Acupuncture for Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 Mar;95(11):e3095.
- Esteghamati A, Mazaheri T, Vahidi Rad M, Noshad S. Complementary and alternative medicine for the treatment of obesity: a critical review. Int J Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Apr;13(2):e19678.
- Bega D, Malkani R. Alternative treatment of restless legs syndrome: an overview of the evidence for mindbody interventions, lifestyle interventions, and neutraceuticals. Sleep Med. 2016 Jan;17:99-105.
- Lardon A, Girard MP, Zaim C, Lemeunier N, Descarreaux M, Marchand AA. Effectiveness of preventive and treatment interventions for primary headaches in the workplace: A systematic review of the literature. Cephalalgia. 2016 Mar 2.
- Vados L, Ferreira A, Zhao S, Vercelino R, Wang S. Effectiveness of acupuncture combined with rehabilitation for treatment of acute or subacute stroke: a systematic review. Acupunct Med. 2015 Jun;33(3):180-7.
- Liu AJ, Li JH, Li HQ, Fu DL, Lu L, Bian ZX, et al. Electroacupuncture for Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Am J Chin Med. 2015;43(8):1541-66.
- Yang A, Wu HM, Tang JL, Xu L, Yang M, Liu GJ. Acupuncture for stroke rehabilitation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 Aug 26;8:Cd004131.
- Lim SM, Yoo J, Lee E, Kim HJ, Shin S, Han G, et al. Acupuncture for spasticity after stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:870398.
- Rodriguez-Mansilla J, Espejo-Antunez L, Bustamante-Lopez AI. [Effectiveness of acupuncture in spasticity of the post-stroke patient. Systematic review]. Aten Primaria. 2016 Apr;48(4):226-34.
- Lee SH, Lim SM. Acupuncture for insomnia after stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:228.
- Lee SH, Lim SM. Acupuncture for Poststroke Shoulder Pain: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:3549878.
- Chiu HY, Pan CH, Shyu YK, Han BC, Tsai PS. Effects of acupuncture on menopause-related symptoms and quality of life in women in natural menopause: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Menopause. 2015 Feb;22(2):234-44.
- Dodin S, Blanchet C, Marc I, Ernst E, Wu T, Vaillancourt C, et al. Acupuncture for menopausal hot flushes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013(7):Cd007410.
- Chiu HY, Hsieh YJ, Tsai PS. Acupuncture to Reduce Sleep Disturbances in Perimenopausal and Postmenopausal Women: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Mar;127(3):507-15.
- Bezerra AG, Pires GN, Andersen ML, Tufik S, Hachul H. Acupuncture to Treat Sleep Disorders in Postmenopausal Women: A Systematic Review. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:563236.
- He XR, Wang Q, Li PP. Acupuncture and moxibustion for cancer-related fatigue: a systematic review and metaanalysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(5):3067-74.
- Ling WM, Lui LY, So WK, Chan K. Effects of acupuncture and acupressure on cancer-related fatigue: a systematic review. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2014 Nov 1;41(6):581-92.
- Posadzki P, Moon TW, Choi TY, Park TY, Lee MS, Ernst E. Acupuncture for cancer-related fatigue: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Support Care Cancer. 2013 Jul;21(7):2067-73.
- Finnegan-John J, Molassiotis A, Richardson A, Ream E. A systematic review of complementary and alternative medicine interventions for the management of cancer-related fatigue. Integr Cancer Ther. 2013 Jul;12(4):276- 90.
- Zeng Y, Luo T, Finnegan-John J, Cheng AS. Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials of Acupuncture for Cancer-Related Fatigue. Integr Cancer Ther. 2014 May;13(3):193-200.
- Kim KH, Kim DH, Kim HY, Son GM. Acupuncture for recovery after surgery in patients undergoing colorectal cancer resection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Acupunct Med. 2016 Aug;34(4):248-56.
- Bae K, Yoo HS, Lamoury G, Boyle F, Rosenthal DS, Oh B. Acupuncture for Aromatase Inhibitor-Induced Arthralgia: A Systematic Review. Integr Cancer Ther. 2015 Nov;14(6):496-502
- Chien TJ, Liu CY, Chang YF, Fang CJ, Hsu CH. Acupuncture for treating aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgia in breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Altern Complement Med. 2015 May;21(5):251-60.
- Asmussen S, Maybauer DM, Chen JD, Fraser JF, Toon MH, Przkora R, et al. Effects of Acupuncture in Anesthesia for Craniotomy: A Meta-Analysis. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2016 Mar 10.
- Liodden I, Norheim AJ. Acupuncture and related techniques in ambulatory anesthesia. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2013 Dec;26(6):661-8.
- Yang L, Yang Z, Yu H, Song H. Acupuncture therapy is more effective than artificial tears for dry eye syndrome: evidence based on a meta-analysis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:143858.
- Manheimer E, Wieland LS, Cheng K, Li SM, Shen X, Berman BM, et al. Acupuncture for irritable bowel syndrome: systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2012 Jun;107(6):835-47; quiz 48.
- MacPherson H, Tilbrook H, Agbedjro D, Buckley H, Hewitt C, Frost C. Acupuncture for irritable bowel syndrome: 2-year follow-up of a randomised controlled trial. Acupunct Med. 2016 Mar 15.
- Wang J, Xiong X, Liu W. Acupuncture for essential hypertension. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Nov 20;169(5):317-26.
- Li DZ, Zhou Y, Yang YN, Ma YT, Li XM, Yu J, et al. Acupuncture for essential hypertension: a meta-analysis of randomized sham-controlled clinical trials. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:279478.
- Zhao XF, Hu HT, Li JS, Shang HC, Zheng HZ, Niu JF, et al. Is Acupuncture Effective for Hypertension? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. PLOS ONE. 2015;10(7):e0127019.
- Gadau M, Yeung WF, Liu H, Zaslawski C, Tan YS, Wang FC, et al. Acupuncture and moxibustion for lateral elbow pain: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:136.
- Tang H, Fan H, Chen J, Yang M, Yi X, Dai G, et al. Acupuncture for Lateral Epicondylitis: A Systematic Review. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:861849.
- van der Velde G, Yu H, Paulden M, Cote P, Varatharajan S, Shearer HM, et al. Which interventions are costeffective for the management of whiplash-associated and neck pain-associated disorders? A systematic review of the health economic literature by the Ontario Protocol for Traffic Injury Management (OPTIMa) Collaboration. Spine J. 2015 Nov 26.
- Trinh K, Graham N, Irnich D, Cameron ID, Forget M. Acupuncture for neck disorders. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016(5):Cd004870.
- Moon TW, Posadzki P, Choi TY, Park TY, Kim HJ, Lee MS, et al. Acupuncture for treating whiplash associated disorder: a systematic review of randomised clinical trials. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:870271.
- Dong W, Goost H, Lin XB, Burger C, Paul C, Wang ZL, et al. Treatments for shoulder impingement syndrome: a PRISMA systematic review and network meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015 Mar;94(10):e510.
- Liu CF, Chien LW. Efficacy of acupuncture in children with asthma: a systematic review. Ital J Pediatr. 2015;41:48.
- Lee SH, Chang GT, Zhang X, Lee H. Acupoint Herbal Patching for Asthma: A Systematic Review and Metaanalysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 Jan;95(2):e2439.
- Su L, Meng L, Chen R, Wu W, Peng B, Man L. Acupoint Application for Asthma Therapy in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Forsch Komplementmed. 2016;23(1):16-21.
- Nahin RL, Boineau R, Khalsa PS, Stussman BJ, Weber WJ. Evidence-Based Evaluation of Complementary Health Approaches for Pain Management in the United States. Mayo Clin Proc. 2016 Sep;91(9):1292-306.
- Lewis RA, Williams NH, Sutton AJ, Burton K, Din NU, Matar HE, et al. Comparative clinical effectiveness of management strategies for sciatica: systematic review and network meta-analyses. Spine J. 2015 Jun 1;15(6):1461-77.
- Qin Z, Liu X, Wu J, Zhai Y, Liu Z. Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Treating Sciatica: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:425108.
- Ji M, Wang X, Chen M, Shen Y, Zhang X, Yang J. The Efficacy of Acupuncture for the Treatment of Sciatica: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:192808.
- He J, Jiang L, Peng T, Xia M, Chen H. Acupuncture Points Stimulation for Meniere's Disease/Syndrome: A Promising Therapeutic Approach. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:6404197.