About Qiraku Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine Clinic
Qiraku Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine is located in the heart of New Farm, Brisbane, just 2 km east of Brisbane CBD.
Our name "QIRAKU (Kiraku in Japanese)" translates as "comfortable" and is composed of the kanji 気 (Ki, Qi) meaning "energy" and 楽 (raku) meaning "comfortable/at ease".
We offer treatments using Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Warm needle therapy, and Chinese Herbal Medicine (Kampo).
- We offer gentle acupuncture in a relax setting. Most clients find the treatments very relaxing, and even fall asleep during the sessions.
- We can offer NO needle treatments for children ( Shonishin ) and people with needlephobia.
- Each client is unique. Different clients may require different treatments, even if they present with the same western diagnosis. Treatments are made for each individual.
In Qiraku Clinic, we use pre-sterile disposable needles. The acupuncture needles we apply are very thin, and we use a very gentle method. Therefore you do not feel pain.
Some clients experience a slight pricking sensation when the needle goes in, but once the needle is placed, it goes away and clients feel relaxed.
Moxibustion is a therapy using the burning of mugwort (moxa).
We use smokeless moxa rolls and a moxa box in our clinic. They are indirect moxa, therefore pain-free and reduce the risk of burning.
Most clients feel more comfortable with moxibustion.
We sometimes suggest for our clients to apply moxa at home. In this case you can use either moxa rolls or stick on moxa (pictures above).
Warm Needle (Onshin / Nesshin)
Warm Needle Therapy called "Nesshin 熱鍼" (nes as netsu = heat 熱, shin = needle 鍼), or Onshin 温鍼 (on 温= warm) therapy is one of the Japanese meridian therapy styles, using a blunt-shaped hand-held, warm metal rod to gently stimulate meridians and areas of the body.
- At your first session, please arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to your appointment to fill in the form.
- You are asked your current conditions, medical history, as well as general health.
- Your pulse, tongue and abdomen are checked to gain an understanding of the whole picture.
- The treatment can consist of a combination of acupuncture, moxibustion, warm needle therapy and Chinese herbal medicine if applicable. A treatment takes from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- HICAPS is available at the clinic. You can claim on the spot with your Private Health Fund. The clinic accepts cash, EFTPOS and most major credit cards.
About the Practitioner
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) accredited registered Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner.
- Member of Australian Acupuncuture & Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA).
- Editorial staff of North American Journal of Oriental Medicine (NAJOM)
Chiemi has completed her Bachelor of Health Science
through the Australian College of Natural Medicine in Brisbane in 2006, and has also completed her
post-diploma course in Shonishin (children's non invasive acupuncture) and
Japanese style acupuncture in Australia and Japan.
She has completed an internship with a prominent acupuncturist in Japan who has particular interest in infertility.
After working with a renowned Traditional Chinese Medicine Professor, she worked at the clinic with acupuncturists, a naturopath, and massage therapists for several years and learned different techniques and approaches to Chinese medicine.
She combines Japanese and Chinese style acupuncture, moxibustion, Chinese herbal medicine (single granule herb combination for individual needs) and Warm Needle Therapy.